1. Any foreign visitor whose passport is lost or stolen is required to provide a confirmation issued by the entry and exit administration department of the local public security organ or a statement note by the embassy or consulate of his or her home country in China proving that the passport is lost.
2. In case of an infant born in China and bearing a separate passport, the birth certificate of the infant and copies of the parents' passports shall be provided.
3. If any foreign visitor requests a new passport because the original passport is full or about to expire, the passport with which he or she has entered China shall be presented.
Any foreign visitor who wishes to extend his or her stay in China or to change the type or content of his or her visa or certificate is required to file an application with relevant government departments in a timely manner according to the following procedures:
1. Present his or her passport, visa and other required identity documents for examination;
2. Fill in the visa extension or visa alteration application form;
3. Provide relevant certifications justifying the extension or alteration.
The Foreign Affairs and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the Hubei Provincial People’s Government provide services related to diplomatic visa, courtesy visa and service visa for all consular officers and staff members of consulates in Wuhan and other foreign nationals for temporary business in Wuhan. Exit and Entry Administration Department of Wuhan Public Security Bureau handles matters related to visa and residence permit for foreign nationals possessing valid international travel documents or certificates (passports and other travel documents).
Foreign Affairs and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of Hubei Provincial People’s Government
Address: No. T3, Bayi Road, Wuchang District
Exit and Entry Administration Department of Wuhan Public Security Bureau
Address: Citizens’ Home, No. 117, Jinqiao Avenue, Jiang’an District, Wuhan
Note: It takes five workdays to process, approve and issue visas and certificates.