- Your current location:
- Marriage Adoption
The Foreign-Related Marriage Registration Office of Hubei Provincial Civil Affairs Department and Marriage Registration Office of Wuhan Civil Affairs Bureau register marriage and divorces involving any party with permanent residency in Wuhan. All marriages and divorces must be voluntary. To get married, a man should at least be 22 years old while a woman should at least be 20 years old; the man and woman should have no other current spouse (which means that both should be single, divorced, or widowed at the time they are applying to register their marriage) and should not be lineal relatives by blood or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship.
A man and woman both of foreign nationalities may also register their marriage in Wuhan. To do so, they should produce certificates and documents as required by The Regulations on Marriage Registration, as well as a certificate proving that their home countries recognize foreign marriage registration. They should register their marriage at the Foreign-Related Marriage Registration Office of Hubei Provincial Civil Affairs Department.
The marriage registration authority reviews certificates and statements provided by a man and woman seeking local marriage or divorce registration and immediately registers the marriage or divorce and issues a marriage or divorce certificate if all conditions have been found to be satisfied.
Ⅰ Marriage Registration
The local citizen should provide:
1. Permanent household registration book (original version) and ID card (original version);
2. A signed statement indicating that the couples are not lineal relatives by blood or collateral relatives by blood up to the third degree of kinship (to complete the statement form with the unified format at the Registration Office).
Foreign nationals should provide:
1. Valid passport or other valid international travel documents;
2. Proof issued by his/her country of origin and attested by the Chinese embassy (consulate) abroad that the person has no spouse, or proof issued by the embassy of his/her country in China that he/she has no spouse (Valid for six months after the date of issuance).
3. Three large 2-inch recent color joint photos (full face without hat) with two parties on the photo for registration.